Dog

Get Your Dog Care Questions Answered by Experts

Dog

I just noticed my female dog ate part of a baseball. I know

Customer Question
Hi Rebecca, I just noticed...
Hi Rebecca, I just noticed my female dog ate part of a baseball. I know she swallowed some of the leather. I followed a previous thread you wrote about. It just happened should I try to induce vomiting or wait to see if it passes?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Danni and she is a 1 year belgian malinois.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Danni?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog
10/2/2016
Dog Specialist: Dr. B., Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian

Hello, I am afraid that the expert you have requested is not currently available. Still I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

How much do you think she had? Would Danni chew it to small bits or swallow large pieces?

How many hours ago do you think she ate this?

Any gagging, retching, lip licking, drooling or vomiting?

Can she keep water down?

Are her gums pink or pale/white? Moist or sticky?

If you press on her belly, does she have any discomfort, tenderness, or tensing?

Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian