Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

My dog has been refusing to eat anything including people

Customer Question

My dog has been refusing to eat anything including people food since his surgery for stones on June 16th He On a good day he may eat some cereal Refuses all meats Been to the vet 9 times and was on a multitude of antibiotics for a e coli bladder infection Vet put I'm on Ginseng and Honey to increase apitite It has not worked He is 13 years old
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. There are all sorts of infestations your dog can pick up. I'll have you talk to the Veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. What is the dog's name?
Customer: He has had bloodwork twic e all fine a sonogram which ruled out cancer etc Only thing they could see was inflammation of the bladder He was on Metcam for that
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about your dog?
Customer: His name is Rocky
Category: Dog
Expert:  Christi Belew replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** and I'd like to help. It sounds like you two have been through a lot! A few questions to better assess the situation.

1. Is he still having urinary symptoms post surgery?

2. Any vomiting/diarrhea?

3. Any anti-nausea meds or appetite stimulants tried?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Vet prescribed appetite stimulants did not work Just has a complete cystoscopy work up no current infection going on. No vomiting or diarrhea Was just put on Proin for wetting in sleep and occasional accidents indoors also now on prednisone in case of inflammation in urininary tract. Bet says something wrong because he won't eat we just can't find it. No mouth issues not lethargic. Losing weight. Won't eat anything
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have tried all the tricks and products ir high calorie gel and dog ensure with no success
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also anti nausea meds were given no change

Hello, do you know which anti-nausea or appetite stimulants were used? Does he have any anxiety or stress issues?

Hello, I did not receive any response back. Can I be of further assistance?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Out of town for a week will send info when I return next Sunday