JACUSTOMER-2ggpt01r-
JACUSTOMER-2ggpt01r-,
Experience:  Emergency Veterinarian at Carolina Veterinary Specialists
94585309

My dog overnight had something similar to a stroke, at least

Customer Question

My dog overnight had something similar to a stroke, at least I think. He shows all the signs for vestibular syndrome. Loss of weight, but still eats and drinking more now. This happened about 7 days ago. I unfortunately have no money to take him to the very until next week
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about overnight?
Customer: He has progressed slowly and is back walking but with a tilted head. But we help him up the stairs with his full body leash as he is now afraid to climb because he's off balance
JA: Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: No I haven't
Category: Dog
Expert:  JACUSTOMER-2ggpt01r- replied 10 months ago.

Hi there! It sounds very promising that your dog is improving. You can purchase meclizine at most pharmacies and grocery stores- the dose for dogs heavier than 15 # is 25 mg by mouth once a day for 7 days. For dogs less than 15#, you should administer 1/2 tab. This is a medication that should help if he is having a vestibular event. It will not hurt him if he is not- Dr. C

Expert:  mary-cssm replied 10 months ago.
Dear Customer: We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at***@******.*** and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you. (http://www.justanswer.com/pet-dog/9xfpe-dog-overnight-something-similar-stroke-least.html?rpt=1350). Thank you, ***** ***** Customer