Dog

Get Your Dog Care Questions Answered by Experts

Dog

I have an english bulldog. Lately he has been licking the

Customer Question
I have an english bulldog...
I have an english bulldog. Lately he has been licking the carpet, wood floors and patio outside and then vomiting numerous times. In between vomiting he goes back to licking.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the bulldog eat anything unusual?
Customer: No. he has food allergies and is on a diet that doesn't vary
JA: OK. The Veterinarian will know what to do. What is the bulldog's name and age?
Customer: Einstein, 20 months
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Einstein?
Customer: He is generally healthy aside from food allergies
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog
9/15/2016
Dog Specialist: Joan, Vet Tech replied 1 year ago
Joan
Joan, Vet Tech

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 30+ Years and I would love to assist you.

You mention that Einstein has allergies and he has been on a special food. Was he doing this before he started this diet?

How long has this problem been going on?

Is the licking all the time or after meals?

Do you notice any special time that this happens?

Joan

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It Justus started this week and has been eating the same food for over a year. I haven't noticed that it happens at any particular time.

Thank-you! Usually we see a dog very anxious with this problem. The licking like what he is doing is an indication of nausea. Dogs will lick their lips and all types of items including floors, carpet and eat grass when have nausea. Something is going on with his stomach to cause this. Since these episodes are happening quite often a Vet visit is in order. This may be an issue with reflux and the Vet may put him on a medication to aid with it. I would suggest an over the counter, but since is has an allergy problem I feel more confident if the Vet sees him and decides what would be best to help in this situation. My goal is to assist you and Einstein. I strive for excellent service and to earn a 5 star rating from you today. If you have any concerns or questions please hit reply.

Joan

Hi Checking in to see how your dog is doing. Did you have him seen by the Vet?

Joan

Joan
Joan
Joan, Vet Tech