PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
Experience:  15 yrs experience in vet med, 8 in emergency med. Founder of a non-profit animal rescue
8538164

He has had diarrhea and has spiked his crate last 2 nights.

Customer Question

He has had diarrhea and has spiked his crate last 2 nights. He's 13 weeks
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with He 's?
Customer: Seems ok during the day but still has loose stools.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about He 's?
Customer: No Nose is dry right nkw
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 11 months ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

1) What breed is he?
2) How long have you owned him?
3) How many veterinary visits has he had?
4) How many vaccines have been administered by your vet?
5) When was his last fecal test and deworming?
6) Have there been any diet changes or human food given?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Spoiled in his crate, no spiked it. Black lab
Had him 5 weeks been to the vet 1x due to go back Friday
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Has had his worm shot etc.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Not eating human food but is eating grass and has eaten an acorn or two

I can give you some steps to take at home to help alleviate the loose stools which may be due to the acorns that he has been eating. Be advised that acorns can be toxic and can cause kidney problems, so they should be kept away from him or he should be allowed to access areas where acorns are not a concern.

To firm the stool, you can use a high fiber, bland diet. To make this, you’ll combine white or brown rice, boneless, skinless chicken breast and sufficient water for cooking in a stock pot. Boil on medium until it turns to mush and the breast is easily flaked. Feed in amounts similar to what he would be eating of his regular diet. If your companion requires a more palatable food, try adding in pureed baby food in chicken, turkey and similar flavors. Avoid those that contain onion or garlic in the ingredient panel.

If the diarrhea persists, turns bloody, you notice vomiting, intestinal cramping, etc. he must be examined by a veterinarian.

Let me know if I can help further.

Did my response help to answer all of the questions that you had? If questions remain, please reply and let me know how I can assist.

Before signing off today, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me. Until this is done, the website will not compensate me for helping you.

If you would like to request me in the future for pet-related questions, you can do so by accessing this page: http://www.justanswer.com/pet/expert-pitrottmommy/?rpt=3800

Checking in, JACustomer. How is your companion feeling?

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

PitRottMommy