Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 45 years of experience
55012488

Chihuahua ate approx 4 150mg cephalexin tabs, and he is 13

Customer Question

Chihuahua ate approx 4 150mg cephalexin tabs
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Daniel and he is 13 months old
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Daniel?
Customer: No
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 year ago.

You're speaking with Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He has vomited twice so far

I'm sorry for the delay. I've been locked out of our conversation for some reason. A one-time overdose of cephalexin isn't likely to cause any more that the gastrointestinal distress you've already noticed - inappetence, vomiting and/or diarrhea. There's no reason to induce further vomiting nor treat in any manner. Once Daniel has stopped vomiting for an hour administering an over the counter antacid such as famotidine (Pepcid) at a dose of 0.25 mg/lb should afford him some comfort.

Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok Thank you!!

You're quite welcome. I can't set a follow-up in this venue so please return to our conversation - even after rating - with an update at your convenience. You can bookmark this page for ease of return.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?