PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
Experience:  15 yrs experience in vet med, 8 in emergency med. Founder of a non-profit animal rescue
8538164

Will steroids make a dog tired, Gracie and she is 11 months,

Customer Question

Will steroids make a dog tired
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help the dog. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Gracie and she is 11 months
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Gracie?
Customer: She had episodes of reverse sneezing last Thursday night. I took her to the vet Friday and he started her on Prednisone 5 mg bid
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 10 months ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

It's not uncommon for prednisone to cause behavioral changes including lethargy or depression. If this lasts longer than the first few days that she is on this medication, I would report this adverse effect back to your veterinarian and see if they wish to continue the medication regimen or not.

Let me know if I can help further.

Did my response help to answer all of the questions that you had? If questions remain, please reply and let me know how I can assist.

Before signing off today, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me. Until this is done, the website will not compensate me for helping you.

If you would like to request me in the future for pet-related questions, you can do so by accessing this page: http://www.justanswer.com/pet/expert-pitrottmommy/?rpt=3800