Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 45 years of experience
55012488

My Havanese Baily has a dark spot on her rectal area & I am

Customer Question

Hi my Havanese Baily has a dark spot on her rectal area & I am concerned
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?
Customer: The only other thing I would think about is that she does scoot across the floor rubbing her butt and it seems to mostly be after she gets groomed and maybe the groomer expresses her anal glands
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 11 months ago.

You're speaking with Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply.

Can you upload a photo(s) of this spot to our conversation? You can use the paperclip icon in the toolbar above your message box (if you can see that icon) or you can use an external app such as dropbox.com/ I can be more accurate if I can see what you're seeing. A flat dark spot (macule) is called a lentigine and is benign. If the dark spot is raised, either melanocytoma or melanoma is considered.