Dog

Get Your Dog Care Questions Answered by Experts

Dog

My Havanese Baily has a dark spot on her rectal area & I am

Customer Question
Hi my Havanese Baily has...
Hi my Havanese Baily has a dark spot on her rectal area & I am concerned
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?
Customer: The only other thing I would think about is that she does scoot across the floor rubbing her butt and it seems to mostly be after she gets groomed and maybe the groomer expresses her anal glands
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog
8/27/2016
Dog Specialist: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

You're speaking with Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply.

Can you upload a photo(s) of this spot to our conversation? You can use the paperclip icon in the toolbar above your message box (if you can see that icon) or you can use an external app such as dropbox.com/ I can be more accurate if I can see what you're seeing. A flat dark spot (macule) is called a lentigine and is benign. If the dark spot is raised, either melanocytoma or melanoma is considered.

Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian