Kelly Hill
Kelly Hill, Veterinarian
Experience:  full time veterinarian at Tender Touch Veterinary Hospital
95569734

My dog pooped 6 times in a row at the park today, dog's name

Customer Question

my dog pooped 6 times in a row at the park today
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: dog's name is ***** ***** is 6.5
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about leela?
Customer: she is a golden doodle.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Kelly Hill replied 1 year ago.

Hi, this is Dr. Hill. More frequent defecation can be a sign of colitis, parasites or just a large volume of stool. We look at the consistency of the stool, presence of mucous or blood and the comfort of the patient when deciding how to proceed. If Leela had any straining while having the bowel movements, seemed uncomfortable, or had any blood or mucous in the stool, then she should be evaluated by your local veterinarian. At a minimum, I would drop off a fresh fecal sample to your local veterinary hospital. Continue to monitor her eating, drinking, urination and bowel movements. If she is not eating well then that is a red flag that there is underlying disease and not just an isolated incidence. Please feel free to ask additional questions.