PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
Experience:  15 yrs experience in vet med, 8 in emergency med. Founder of a non-profit animal rescue
8538164

He drank pool water that was just shocked, he seems okay

Customer Question

he drank pool water that was just shocked
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with the dog?
Customer: he seems okay turned away for a min i don't know how much he got he is a big old english sheep dog puppy 1.5 years old 80 lbs
JA: Where does the dog seem to hurt?
Customer: he doesn't seem hurt he drank pool water with shock cleaner in it that was just put in the pool
JA: OK. No obvious pain. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: bernie 1.5 years old
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about bernie?
Customer: he has anxiety other then that no
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 11 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. I am a Veterinary Nurse with over 15 years experience and I have assisted in the care of many pets with this particular medical concern. It would be my pleasure to assist you today. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion?

1) How long ago did he consume the water?
2) Any vomiting or diarrhea?
3) Is he still willing to eat and drink?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
about 15 min ago no vomiting or dishrrhea and yes he will still eat and drink
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Ideally, we'd like to see Bernie examined by a veterinarian and gastric protectants used to protect his stomach and GI tract from the effects of the pool shock that was consumed. Some owners wish to wait and see if their companion feels poorly before they opt to take their pet to the vet. In any case, if Bernie does begin to feel unwell that would be the most ideal case: an examination, your vet to administered anti-nausea and GI protectants to minimize the effects of the shocked water on his system.

Let me know if I can help further.

Did my response help to answer all of the questions that you had? If questions remain, please reply and let me know how I can assist.

Before signing off today, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me. Until this is done, the website will not compensate me for helping you.

If you would like to request me in the future for pet-related questions, you can do so by accessing this page: http://www.justanswer.com/pet/expert-pitrottmommy/?rpt=3800

Checking in, Marla. How is Bernie today?

Hi Marla,

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

PitRottMommy