Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

She has tint black dots all over her belly and around her nipples,

Customer Question

She has tint black dots all over her belly and around her nipples, she just had flea treatment due to excessive scratching, our yard has lots of foliage which isn't always completely under control but enough to to take her out 2-3 daily. And we recently groomed her at home and I believe hubby trimmed her waaaaay to close in some areas, so at first I thought dirt but after a bath the still persist, she's constantly licking not so much scratching but she will from time to time I'm hoping it's just dry skin and she's scratching g leaving lil scabs. I did use nipple cream from when I breastfed to try and moisturize and giver some relief
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Is this new behavior?
Customer: Has happened before but not as severe and cleared up on its own
JA: What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: China Maltese June 2013
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about China Maltese June?
Customer: No she's active eating well pooping well, still some indoor accidents but that's because kids are kids and hubby and I can't stick to a set schedule but 1-2 accidents weekly, and if she's not taken out she sometimes uses her trying pad
Category: Dog
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Her name is***** born June 2013
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. I am a Veterinary Nurse with over 15 years experience and I have assisted in the care of many pets with this particular medical concern. It would be my pleasure to assist you today. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion?

1) Can you attach a picture of the dots you're seeing?
2) What's the name of the nipple cream?
3) Where is she licking and scratching?