Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

Was wondering my 11 yr old lab has an enlarged anal gland we

Customer Question

Hi was wondering my 11 yr old lab has an enlarged anal gland we think and we have takenhim to the vet and he says nothingwe can do for him becausehe is to old and would nothelp him we think he may have cancer and we dont want to make him suffer is there any thing we can do for him
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 11 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. I am a Veterinary Nurse with over 15 years experience and I have assisted in the care of many pets with this particular medical concern. It would be my pleasure to assist you today. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion?

1) Did your vet tell you what they suspected this to be? A perianal gland tumor?
2) Is Rex intact or neutered?
3) Is he having any issues having bowel movements?