Dog

Get Your Dog Care Questions Answered by Experts

Dog

My dog accidently took 6mg of requip. He ways 70lbs, He

Customer Question
My dog accidently took 6mg...
My dog accidently took 6mg of requip. He ways 70lbs
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with your dog?
Customer: He accidently took 4mg of Requip
JA: Where does your dog seem to hurt?
Customer: He just now ate it
JA: The Veterinarian will know if your dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Goldy, 6yrs
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Goldy?
Customer: Male
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It is 4mg of Requip
8/2/2016
Dog Specialist: Dr Marta Lepes, Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
Dr Marta Lepes
Dr Marta Lepes, Veterinarian

Hello, my name is***** and I will do my best to help you. I am reviewing your question now and I will post back to you ASAP.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
He takes APIQUEL for itching. Last dose was 1pm
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
He is a yellow Labrador

How long ago did he ingest the Requip? (hours/minutes)

Is he showing any unusual behavior?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
About 10 minutes ago

That's good news because we can induce vomiting and quickly get rid of it

What we need for Goldy is his weight and hydrogen peroxide that has not expired for more than 1 year.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
70 lbs

OK. I assume that the hydrogen peroxide is not too old.

Give hin 3 tablespoons in milk or a small amount of tasty food. He should

vomit in 10 to 15 minutes.

Do you have the hydrogen peroxide?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I don't know how old it is.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It's 4 years old
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Is the peroxide took old
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It expired 4 years ago

Well, i wouldn't use it.

Can you get some that is not expired? It's available at any pharmacy and most supermarkets.

The dose that he ingested should not be a problem for a normal heathy dog.

However I am always very cautious because I don't want any possibility of a reaction.

And some dogs are more sensitive to the Requip.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What would be a toxic dose for a 70lb dog

I'm afraid that I have to sign off soon.

I still recommend inducing vomiting if you can do it within 1 12 hours of Goldy ingesting the Requip.

If the dosage I gave you doesn't induce vomiting in 15 minutes, you can repeat the dosage one more time.

If he still does not vomit, watch for agitation and rapid heart rate and breathing. If the symptoms are severe (very unlikely ) take him to an emergency clinic.

I will check back in an hour or two.

If you have any questions please post them.

When we are done kindly rate this service.

A toxic dose would be 3 or 4 tabs.

That is 1½ hours.

Please tell me what you decided to do.

I hope that the information I provided helped you come to some decision.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I took him to emergency Veterinary

Thanks for the update. How is Goldy doing?

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

DrMarta-vet
Dr Marta Lepes
Dr Marta Lepes
Dr Marta Lepes, Veterinarian