PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
Experience:  15 yrs experience in vet med, 8 in emergency med. Founder of a non-profit animal rescue
8538164

My dog has an ear infection and I have remicin ointment and

Customer Question

My dog has an ear infection and I have remicin ointment and the p1/10 flush . I have been using the flush but it doesn't seem to help. I have this ointment from before but don't recall how to apply it.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. There are all sorts of infestations your dog can pick up. I'll have you talk to the Veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Trinket age 15 years
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Trinket?
Customer: No
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. I am a Veterinary Nurse with over 15 years experience and I have assisted in the care of many pets with this particular medical concern. It would be my pleasure to assist you today.

There is a very thorough video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_zVySlodLA on how to clean and medicate. The flush will be used first and liberally to clean the debris from the ear canals. Once the canals are cleaned and no longer discharging any material, you can dry the visible ear and ear canal with cotton pads or a cloth and then medicate each ear with the ointment and massage. This is usually completed once daily for 7-10 days.

Did my response help to answer all of the questions that you had? If questions remain, please reply and let me know how I can assist.

Before signing off today, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me. Until this is done, the website will not compensate me for helping you.

If you would like to request me in the future for pet-related questions, you can do so by accessing this page: http://www.justanswer.com/pet/expert-pitrottmommy/?rpt=3800

JACustomer, were you able to review the reply? Do you have any questions I can answer regarding the cleaning or medicating process?

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

PitRottMommy