PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
Experience:  15 yrs experience in vet med, 8 in emergency med. Founder of a non-profit animal rescue
8538164

My Boston terrier ate some chocolate on Thursday, Only

Customer Question

Hi my Boston terrier ate some chocolate on Thursday, Only symptoms were thirst the last few days, plus a little hyperactivity on the evening that she ate them. Wondering if everything will have passed by now, or if we should still be on the lookout for something
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if your Boston terrier will be able to digest that. What is the Boston terrier's name and age?
Customer: Winnie, and she is 3
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Winnie,?
Customer: no. She just was at a check up
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. I am a Veterinary Nurse with over 15 years experience and I have assisted in the care of many pets with this particular medical concern. It would be my pleasure to assist you today.

Most active symptoms of having consumed chocolate occur within the first 36 hours of consumption. Based on your time line, assuming she has not had any vomiting, diarrhea, inappetence, etc., the symptoms that will occur should already have occurred. So, yes, everything should have passed by now as far as symptoms go.

Please let me know if I can help further.

Did my response help to answer all of the questions that you had regarding your companion? If you have other questions, please reply and I’ll help you further.

Before signing off today, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me. Until this is done, the website will not compensate me for helping you.

Checking in. How is Winnie doing?

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

PitRottMommy