Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.
11877925

This morning, my Chihuahua was trying to poop and kept

Customer Question

This morning, my Chihuahua was trying to poop and kept screaming in pain. She keeps eating small pieces of mulch outside. Gave her a small amount of mineral oil and she finally went and there was a very sharp piece of mulch in it. Could this be the reason?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The noise must be worrying. I'll connect you to the Veterinarian. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Bambi, 7yrs old
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Bambi?
Customer: Have taken her to the vet for stomach issues in the past. Vet has her on liquid Zantac .01 mls. Maybe this medication could cause constipation?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry to hear you are worried about Bambi. My name is Rebecca. I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help.

It does sound like she was having trouble passing that piece of mulch and that giving a little mineral oil helped her pass it. It probably is not the Zantac; that is a stomach acid reducer so it should not cause constipation.

You can try adding canned unsweetened pumpkin to her food to keep her regular, and try to keep her from eating the mulch.

Let me know how she is doing and what other questions I can answer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Why did your site just charge me another $14? And after they had charged me $5? You told me only $5 total. ???
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry, I just answer questions and do not have access or information about charges. If you have questions about charges, please contact customer service on the drop down menu.

I will be glad to help you with Bambi. Let me know if I can answer anything else.