Dog

Get Your Dog Care Questions Answered by Experts

Dog

I took s temp n it was 104.5 and s gums seem with black

Customer Question
I took his temp n...
I took his temp n it was 104.5 and his gums seem white with black lines though them.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Zues and he is 8 months
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Zues?
Customer: He is not running around like himself today. He is mostly an outside dog. He eats at the same time everyday and eats the same thing everyday. One thing that I am worried about is that I gave him a shower while he didn't feel good and so idn if I got water in the ear or something that can make it worse
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog
7/11/2016
Dog Specialist: Joan, Vet Tech replied 1 year ago
Joan
Joan, Vet Tech

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 30+ years.

What is he temperature now?

Is there any eye or nose discharge?

Any outward signs of illness?

Is he urinating well? Any issues?

Joan

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It is the same. No but he seems to have excessive druwll going on. He can't seem to poop very well. As far as I can tell he is urinating ok.

The temperature is a problem. 100.5-102.5 is normal, over 103 we get concerned. We need to get the temp down asap. Please take some cloths with room temperature ware and apply to the groin, and neck area and some alcohol on a rag and wipe down the pads. This should help to lower it gradually. We do not want to shock the system. If we cannot get it down the ER Vet will be the next step. The drooling is nausea. You can Give Pepcid ac for that. If under 20 pounds 1/2 of a 10mg, 20-40 pounds 1/2 of a 10 mg and over 40 is 1 tablet of a 10 mg Pepcid Ac, For the stool you can give a table sppon of canned pumpkin, not pie filling to aid with the stool. It is a high fiber food. Some type of infection is brewing for the Temp to be that high. If it does not come down after the moist towels and the alcohol on the pads, I suggest a ER Vet visit tonight. If you can get it down, then a Vet visit in the Morning will be needed.

Joan

How is the dog doing? Has the temperature come down? Please update me on what is happening.

Joan

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Joan
Joan
Joan
Joan, Vet Tech