Dog

Get Your Dog Care Questions Answered by Experts

Dog

Dog is s nine year old Bichon. He was being treated last week for tonsillitis as we was screaching in pain when he

Customer Question
Hi he is s nine...
Hi he is s nine year old Bichon.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with the dog?
Customer: He was being treated last week for tonsillitis as we was screaching in pain when he opened his mouth to eat or drink. He had surgery - a camera don his throat. He has been on a special id prescription food for four days with antibiotic and tramadol. He appeared to be getting better. This morning he is squeaking when he is just moving around so now he is refusing to eat, drink take a walk etc. He just want to lie by my feet. I have other Bichons too and he does not want to play with them or join in. He can still move and jump up onto the sofa but he is wary of the other dogs coming near him and he squeaks as if in pain from time to time
JA: Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: Nothing
JA: What is the dog's name?
Customer: Prozac!
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Prozac?
Customer: I dont think so
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/1/2016
Dog Specialist: Dr. B., Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

Do you think he is again sore around his jaw and mouth?

Is he still on the Tramadol? What dose, how often and what does he weigh?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No I don't think his mouth is still sore as he was able to eat his food yesterday and he is opening his mouth as normal.
I was giving him two tablets of Tramadol disguised in his food but this morning he hasn't had his food so I cant give him the Tramadol.
he weighs 7:20 kg
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The vet did not think it was MMM

Thank you,

So, he can open his mouth and allow you to do so without issue just now?

In that case, does he have any tenderness when you press on his belly, back, or move his neck?

Any changes to his urination or stools?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I will need to come back to you as I have another emergency to attend to just now sorry!

No worries,

Best wishes with that,

Dr. B.

Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian