PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
Experience:  15 yrs experience in vet med, 8 in emergency med. Founder of a non-profit animal rescue
8538164

My dachschund ate 1/2 of a loratadine 10 mg pill, she is

Customer Question

my dachschund ate 1/2 of a loratadine 10 mg pill
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if your dachshund will be able to digest that. What is the dachshund's name and age?
Customer: Jackie she is 6months old
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Jackie?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. I am a Veterinary Nurse with over 15 years experience and I have assisted in the care of many pets with this particular medical concern. It would be my pleasure to assist you today. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion?

1) How much does Jackie weigh?
2) How long ago was this tablet consumed?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1/2 a 10mg tablet. she weighs about 15lbs

Thank you for the additional info. She can safely have up to 7.5mg of loratadine once daily. So, if she only took 5mg she's well within the safe range. Expect that she may be a little sleepy this evening but you should not see any other ill effects from this consumption.

Did my response help to answer all of the questions that you had regarding your companion? If you have other questions, please reply and I’ll help you further.

Once you're satisfied with our dialogue, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me. Until this is done, the website will not compensate me for helping you.