Joan
Joan, Vet Tech
Experience:  Vet Tech for over 35+ years working w/Dogs/Rescues
5071285

She had been playing with my 5 year old under the water hose

Customer Question

She had been playing with my 5 year old under the water hose and now she's vomiting breathing hard and drooling
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the dog eat anything unusual?
Customer: No not that I'm aware of
JA: OK. The Veterinarian will know what to do. What is the dog's name?
Customer: She just automatically started walking funny and drooling
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dog?
Customer: Bella she's 6 years old yorkie poo
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Joan replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 30+ years.

Could the dog have gotten water in the ears while playing?

Is she walking drunk like?

How is she doing now?

Do the eyes Dart?

Joan

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She seems to be better now. Still droolin but is following me around the house and walking straighter
Expert:  Joan replied 1 year ago.

Sounds like she may have gotten water in the ears. This would affect the vestibular apparatus in the ears causing Vertigo. That would account for the Drooling which is a sign of nausea as well as the drunk like walk and eyes darting. I would give 1/4 of a Pepcid Ac to aid with the Nausea. Withhold food tonight and when you do feed tomorrow, start a bland diet of 1 part skinless chicken breast to 3 parts right rice. This should help with allowing he stomach to rest. I would also have her checked by the Vet tomorrow, to be sure if there is water in the ears that they do not get infected.

Joan