Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

My dog could keep food down I thought parvo..i started using

Customer Question

Hi Pearl
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with the dog?
Customer: Hi my dog could keep food down I thought parvo..i started using herbal remidies he went three doys no thrwind up...then had a bowel movement....the next day he stopped tring to eat..i kept up the herbal regiment... Then finally I saw poop hanging from his rectum
JA: What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: I took bim ouside and gently started working it out till the string hot bigger I stopped and cut it off and left enough in case I needed to try again...that was last night...he is 2 years old thanks
JA: Is your dog bleeding a lot?
Customer: No bleeding so far
JA: Phew. What is the dog's name?
Customer: John is his name
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about John?
Customer: He was recovering from something deadly...but the forums say it will pass out soon..i d
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Ann M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed, internship-trained veterinarian with 10 years experience in general medicine and emergency and critical care medicine and I would be happy to assist you. Please be patient as there may be slight delays in responses as I research your pet's issue.

What kind of dog is this- how much does he weigh? What makes you think that there was something deadly that he was recovering from? Has he seen a vet at all yet? Are you able to take his temperature rectally?