Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

He's been eating grass all day, is a bit lethargic, has not

Customer Question

He's been eating grass all day, is a bit lethargic, has not interest in food or water and he keeps trying to poop. A few drops of liquid poo come out. He weighs 18 pounds, is a mix breed and usually very energetic and will eat everything.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help the dog. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Joe is about six.
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Joe?
Customer: He had distemper, rattle snake booster and rabies ten days ago.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Candy replied 1 year ago.

Hello. I am sorry to hear that Joe has you worried. My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help I just have a few questions.

Has he had any recent changes to his diet including new foods, treats or human foods?

You mention he will normally eat anything, does he eat things he should not like toys, clothing, sticks, bones etc?

Has he had any vomiting?

If you press on his abdomen does he seem painful?