Dog

Get Your Dog Care Questions Answered by Experts

Dog

She ate s bottle of about 17 pills of zofran 4mg and i gave

Customer Question
her salt to induce vomiting...
She ate s bottle of about 17 pills of zofran 4mg and i gave her salt to induce vomiting and she did, but shea acting weird like shaky like her muscles dont respond and her mouth is half open like she's thirsty..shes eating a bit right now but with struggle
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Lucy
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Lucy?
Customer: Shes 7 months old
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: Yorkie about 7 pounds
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog
6/10/2016
Dog Specialist: Joan, Vet Tech replied 1 year ago
Joan
Joan, Vet Tech

We no longer use salt for inducing vomiting because of the Danger it imposes. We now use 3% Hydrogen Peroxide at 1 teaspoon full per 10 pounds of body weight. It is much safer. I am concerned with your dag having Salt toxicity because of the weakness and muscles tremors. These are the signs:

Vomiting

Diarrhea

nappetance

Lethargy

Walking drunk

Excessive thirst or urination

Tremors

Seizures

With her small size I have to recommend having her seen in the ER ASap, for possible salt toxicity.

Joan

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Theres nothing else that can be given to her?

No she needs to be seen for supportive care if it is indeed Salt toxicity. If this is salt toxicity it can lead to coma and death.

Joan

Joan
Joan
Joan, Vet Tech