Dog

Get Your Dog Care Questions Answered by Experts

Dog

My 10 month old german short haired pointer looks like her

Customer Question
Hi. My 10 month old...
Hi. My 10 month old german short haired pointer looks like her eyes are rolling back into her head all of a sudden. Its not all the time. My wife said that the dog ran through a puddle and came back with one eye closed.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Zoe
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Zoe?
Customer: Not that im aware of
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/9/2016
Dog Specialist: Dr Chris, Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
Dr Chris
Dr Chris, Veterinarian

Hi there. My name is***** to hear that Zoe is having eye troubles. I will do my best to help with your question. First I have a few questions to help me better understand your situation.

​When you say Zoe's eyes look like they are rolling back into her head, does this look like a pink, fleshy membrane is coming up from the inside corner of her eye (from the nose side)?

Are both eyes doing this, or just one in particular?

Is there any discharge coming from the eye(s)?

Is she pawing and rubbing her face?

Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian