Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

My dog came from her outdoor area and appeared to tuck her

Customer Question

My dog came from her outdoor area and appeared to tuck her rear end then she recovered to behave playfully. Next, she was outside and I called her. She came but to had stayed in the back room area for a day and did not come to go outside. She then saw pure blood on that floor coming from her rectum. It was late and I had to wait till morning. I checked her early and she was dead. I feel terrible. She was 5 years old.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know what to do about this bleeding. I'll connect you ASAP. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about your dog?
Customer: My dog died. There was no vet locally, as she bleed out but she was trembling and the way she looked in pain. Was there something more I could have done to save her if it was poison such as rat poison? The blood was thick and at least 8" in a circular shape? I had no rat poison here at home. She was a wonderful dog
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Joan replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 30+ years. I am so sorry for the loss.

Can you tell me if she would eat things out when she was out side?

Were you in an area where she could get into Rat poison or other types of anticoagulant poisons?

Does anyone in the home take any blood thinners?

Joan