JACUSTOMER-2ggpt01r-
JACUSTOMER-2ggpt01r-,
Experience:  Emergency Veterinarian at Carolina Veterinary Specialists
94585309

My dog is a 9 week old puppy from the spca. She has kennel

Customer Question

My dog is a 9 week old puppy from the spca. She has kennel cough, and sometimes she throws up blood
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did your dog eat anything unusual?
Customer: No, she is eating her food and is bright and alert.
JA: OK. The Veterinarian will know what to do. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Evee
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Evie?
Customer: I think she has a parasite too, she has had on and off mucousy stool. Again, she is only a 9 week old puppy
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  JACUSTOMER-2ggpt01r- replied 1 year ago.

Is she coughing up blood from the kennel cough, or throwing up blood? - Dr. C

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Coughing up blood

Gotcha. That is likely secondary to upper airway inflammation. Did the SPCA send you home with any meds to treat the cough?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not the cough, but they did give me mess to treat her Guardia which seems to not be working

If you adopted her recently, they may be able to provide you with an antibiotic to treat the kennel cough and an antitussive to get that cough under control so her airway can stop being so irritated. If they aren't able to help you, is there a family vet you can take your pup to? Even though she's acting fine now, these youngsters can take a turn for the worse so fast! With losses through the cough and mucusy stool, she's at risk for dehydration. Best to err on the side of caution with your new baby and have her evaluated in person soon! Hope this helps - Dr. C

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** it

You're most welcome, let me know if you have any other questions! - Dr. C

Hey there- just checking on your pup. Is everything going ok? Do you have any other questions? If not, do you mind taking a moment to rate me? Thanks! - Dr. C

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

JACUSTOMER-2ggpt01r-