Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in large and small animal medicine.
16881297

My dog ate a very small piece of a magic eraser. He throw

Customer Question

my dog ate a very small piece of a magic eraser. He throw up, but does not want to eat. he is a chihuahua 1.5 yrs old.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if your dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Rocco, hes at banfield now any they are not sure what to do
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Rocco?
Customer: nothing just that last night between the time i went to bed and got up this morning, he crewed on a major eraser and there are tiny pieces missing from the corner.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

The Magic Eraser is not toxic but a piece of the pad could cause an intestinal obstruction. It is great that he is being treated at the hospital and they will attempt to remove this if possible or give Rocco supportive care to get him past this. This piece of the eraser will not show up on an xray so the best thing to do is to continue supportive care and see how Roscoe does, If he does not respond to the medical treatment, then an Ultrasound and/or barium series will show if there is an obstruction in Rocco's digestive tract.

This LINK shows the stats about the Magic Eraser.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you.

You are very welcome....with any luck, Rocco will only have this digestive disturbance caused by ingesting something odd and will respond well to the treatment.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Loretta