Dr. G.
Dr. G., Veterinarian
Experience:  Private Practice Veterinarian
71397578

She is watery diarrhea : She is walk around like she doesn't

Customer Question

She is watery diarrhea
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with the dog?
Customer: She is walk around like she doesn't feel well
JA: Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: and has watery diarrhea
JA: What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Porshe
JA: How old is Porose?
Customer: 13 weeks
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Porose?
Customer: she does not have an appetite
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. G. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a licensed veterinarian and I will try and help you as best as I can.

Please allow a few minutes for me to read your responses and for me to respond back.

Expert:  Dr. G. replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry to hear your dog is having diarrhea.

How long has this been going on?

Has she had a stool check done at her vet recently?

Is she on monthly heart worm prevention?

Any blood in the stool? Any recent change in the diet?

Any vomiting or loss of appetite?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It started last night with the watery stool around midnight.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She got her dewormer yesterday
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Stool check was at 7 weeks. She is now at 13 weeks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No blood in stool but we did change foods about 5 days ago
Expert:  Dr. G. replied 1 year ago.

I see.

Is she up to date on her distemper/parvo vaccines (getting them every 3-4 weeks)?

Any chance she ate something she shouldn't have: toys, clothing, grass, etc?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No appetite
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tried to give her meds but those came back up
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She had her first set of vaccinations at 7 weeks. We were going to do the rest this week.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She has been in and outside, so it is possible she ate something she shouldn't have
Expert:  Dr. G. replied 1 year ago.

My biggest concern here for her would be a parvovirus infection, especially if it has been 6 weeks since her vaccines (which means there is likely no immunity to parvo right now). A young puppy with vomiting and diarrhea can decompensate very quickly. This could also be due to something she ate or due to parasites like giardia that won't be treated with dewormer. I recommend she head to the vet today. Costs and intensity of treatment will increase significantly if she gets worse and heads to the vet tomorrow. Because she is not current with vaccines and she has these signs, I would have her checked out as soon as possible. The vet will check a stool sample/giardia test and Parvo test her. If both of those tests are negative, then they may want x-rays to rule out a blockage/foreign body.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok thanks so much. God Bless
Expert:  Dr. G. replied 1 year ago.

You are very welcome.

I wish you both the best. Hopefully she will be feeling well soon.

Have a great day.

Expert:  Dr. G. replied 1 year ago.

I strive for 100% Customer Satisfaction. Please feel free to reply back to me if you need any further information or if you are unsatisfied with this chat. Otherwise, please accept this answer and leave positive feedback for this conversation. Thank you very much and have a wonderful day!

Expert:  Dr. G. replied 1 year ago.

Hello

I just wanted to check in. How is your pet doing? Is there anything else I can help you with? Please feel free to reply back at your convenience and let me know if there is anything more I can do for you. Also, please feel free to leave positive feedback for this conversation at any time so we know you no longer require continuing this conversation. I wish you and your pet the best. Have a great day!

Expert:  Dr. G. replied 1 year ago.

I just wanted to check in with you. I see you have not yet rated this conversation. Is there anything else I can help you with at this time? Is there any other information I can help you with? Please reply back if you need any further help, otherwise please accept and rate this conversation so we know you no longer need our help. Thank you and have a wonderful day!