Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

She's walking like she is drunk. Was fine this morning :

Customer Question

She's walking like she is drunk. Was fine this morning
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: Yeah its not that. Her gait is totally off and her head kind shakes side to side which has never done that. Her nose was dry also so ive been giving her water to keep her hydrated
JA: The Veterinarian will know what to do. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Kylie age 2
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Kylie?
Customer: Not really no allergies or medical conditions
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. I am a Veterinary Nurse with over 15 years experience and I have assisted in the care of many pets with this particular medical concern. It would be my pleasure to assist you today. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion?

1) Can you post a video showing her walking and the head shaking?
2) Any vomiting?
3) Has she been able to ingest any medication today or get in to any toxin?
4) Any flea prevention applied within the last 24 hours?
5) Any risk of injury such as being hit by car?
6) When you look at her eyes do they move side to side? up and down or rotate like a door knob turning?