Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in large and small animal medicine.
16881297

My pit puppy has clear fluid filled bumps on s belly : Tyson

Customer Question

My pit bull puppy has clear fluid filled bumps on his belly
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Tyson
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Tyson?
Customer: He is 7 weeks old
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

Most likely Tyson has a minor staph infection common in puppies that causes these bumps on his abdomen and belly. These are harmless but application of 70% alcohol or Betadine every 8 hrs will dry out these areas so these will resolve. In most cases, tehse resolve on their own as their immune system matures. You do not have to worry....many puppies have these bumps and it will nto cause Tyson any pain or harm.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****