Dr B
Dr B, Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM
27344366

They told me at the day care that my 5 months old puppy has

Customer Question

Hi they told me at the day care that my 5 months old puppy has been vomiting 3 times today! Once poop and the remaining times yellow stuff...Should I wait and observe or take him to the vet immidiatly?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the dog eat anything unusual?
Customer: Not what I'm aware of! But he is a puppy so he eats everything he can find
JA: What is the dog's name?
Customer: Joey
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Joey?
Customer: No otherwise he is healthy and eats normal amount of food
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr B replied 1 year ago.

Hi this is DRB and I would be happy to assist you with this. Yes, you need to take your puppy to the vet tonight. Here is why: most of the time when puppies are vomiting it is serious like 90% of the time. Granted 10% of the time it is not serious but those odds mean you should take your puppy to the vet asap. The two most common causes of vomiting in young dog is foreign body ingestion and serious viral infections. Let me know if you need additional help. Sincerely, DRB

Please hit rate my service as that is the only way I am compensated for my answers. A positive rating will not close this question as I am happy to answer any follow up questions. Thank you very much!

Please note that the information I provide is intended as general information only and not intended to replace the advice of your veterinary professional.

Expert:  Dr B replied 1 year ago.

Let me know if you need additional help. I check my computer every night. Sincerely, DRB