Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

I think my Pom stepped on a thistle yesterday. Initially, I

Customer Question

I think my Pom stepped on a thistle yesterday. Initially, I thought maybe she had stepped on a wasp, but am leaning more towards a thistle. I can't see anything on her paw, but it is painful in one small spot and she is walking with only 3 legs.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: Yes. I can't see anything. She is a Pom and has lots of hair between her toes, but even then, can't see anything.
JA: The Veterinarian will know what to do. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Teya.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Toea?
Customer: Not really. She doesn't like anyone to handle her paws at the best of times. Lol.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Lisa replied 1 year ago.

Hi there! My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help you with your question. Just like an in person consult, I have some questions of my own to help ensure I give you the best advice possible....

Do you notice any swelling on that foot at all?

Is she chewing at it?

Do you see any laceration or puncture wound at all?