Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

My 7 year old Westie female desexed throws up often through

Customer Question

my 7 year old Westie female desexed throws up often through the night
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the dog eat anything unusual?
Customer: no nothing different she is still lively I tried changing what she eats and feeding earlier but no difference
JA: OK. The Veterinarian will know what to do. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Isobel
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Isobel?
Customer: she had 6 teeth out about 6 months ago
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. I am a Veterinary Nurse with over 15 years experience and I have assisted in the care of many pets with this particular medical concern. It would be my pleasure to assist you today. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion?

1) How long has this been a problem?
2) Prior to the vomiting through the night, had there been any diet changes? new treats?
3) Does she receive human food?
4) Is she on any meds?
5) Is the vomiting just at night?