Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.
60269376

He is playing and eating but he did move his bowels today.

Customer Question

He is playing and eating but he did move his bowels today. He is a ferrets and 4yrs old.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Strange behavior is often perplexing. I'm sure the Veterinarian can help you. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Bentley Burch terria
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Burch Tierra?
Customer: Can I give him anything
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today. As long as you are sure he hasn't eating anything that could cause a blockage and has no belly discomfort or pale gums; we can take a few steps to help get him passing stool for you. To start, you can try him with a bit of cow's milk as this can move things down the gut a bit quicker As well, you can also treat him with OTC cat hairball medication. This is available from the vet or the pet shop. It works to lubricate the gut and can facilitate the movement of hard feces out of the rectum. Otherwise, if he is quite constipated, we can also treat with a small volume of a GI lubricant. Specifically, we often use Miralax (1 tsp per 24 hours), lactulose or food grade mineral oil orally in these cases. These should ideally be given in food to avoid any risk of aspiration (since that would cause problems we'd best avoid). And if he is prone to these issues, then a regular addition of fiber supplementation (ie canned pumpkin, all bran) can also help keep him regular. Overall, we do need to tread with care if your lad isn't passing stool regularly. Still, if he is otherwise well and comfortable, we could try the above at this point to see if we can get things moving for him.Please take care,Dr. B. -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. **Afterwards, I would be grateful if you would rate my service by clicking on the "Rate my Expert' button at the top of the page as this is the only way I am credited for helping you. Thank you for your feedback!: )