Dog

Get Your Dog Care Questions Answered by Experts

Dog

I gave our 9 pound dog three quarters of a 25-miligram

Customer Question
acepromazine pill so we could...
i gave our 9 pound dog three quarters of a 25-miligram acepromazine pill so we could groom her and get a collar on her. that was last nite at 10 p.m. and 16 hours later shes still kind of listless and not her perky self. breathing is fine and she seems to be aware of her surroundings but seems kind of groggy. i realize now that this is a heavy dose but should she go to a vet?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help the dog. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: phoebe maybe 2 years old
JA: What is the dog's name?
Customer: phoebe (pronounced fee-bee)
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dog?
Customer: she is probably a yorkie-schnauzer mixed breed
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog
5/20/2016
Dog Specialist: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 1 year ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
Hello and thank you for your question. I am a Veterinary Nurse with over 15 years experience and I have assisted in the care of many pets with this particular medical concern. It would be my pleasure to assist you today. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion?1) Is she still eating and drinking on her own? 2) Is she still walking well on her own?
Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian