Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

My dog was gut shot with a 22 cal. 10 days ago. Her spleen

Customer Question

My dog was gut shot with a 22 cal. 10 days ago. Her spleen and liver were nicked. The most damage was to her intestine, vet had to remove 12 inches. She has been on pain meds and antibiotics since. It took 7 days before a bowel movement. She stopped eating 5 days ago. She has been back at vet since. What maybe going on with her?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Bella
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Bella?
Customer: She was put on mineral oil to get her bowel moving for two days. She had thrown up water and bile before her bowel movements. The last two days she has had diarrhea. They are doing the fluid by IV and blood work today
JA: Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did Bella eat anything unusual?
Customer: No
JA: OK. The Veterinarian will know what to do. OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Melanie Goble replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is***** hope I can answer any questions you have. How is Bella doing today?