Dog

Get Your Dog Care Questions Answered by Experts

Dog

My dog has congestive heart failure and she keeps vomiting.

Customer Question
She has lived a a...
My dog has congestive heart failure and she keeps vomiting. She has lived a a month past the year the vet hospital doc gave her. I'm worried she might at her end. Or her pills are not working?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did your dog eat anything unusual?
Customer: She had cheddar cheese with her pills the last few days. We always give it to her with cream cheese, but have been out. We also took away her night time dosage, because we thought we were giving her too much. Because she kept peeing everywhere.
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about your dog?
Customer: I can tell you her pills?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog
5/8/2016
Dog Specialist: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 1 year ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
Hello and thank you for your question. I am a Veterinary Nurse with over 15 years experience and I have assisted in the care of many pets with this particular medical concern. It would be my pleasure to assist you today. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion?1) Can you please tell me how much your girl weighs? 2) What medication is she taking (please include milligrams of each) and how often? 3) When did the vomiting begin? 4) When did you switch her to cheddar cheese? 5) Any diarrhea? 6) When did you alter the dose of her medication, was it lasix that you removed? 7) What breed is she?
Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian