Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

Well my yorkie is a month pregnant and she is painting and

Customer Question

well my yorkie is a month pregnant and she is painting and shivering. she has been shivering for about a week now but she just started painting today
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. We need to be extra careful with pregnancies, so we'll need to connect you with the Veterinarian ASAP. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Jane Lefler replied 1 year ago.

Hi JaCustomer,

My name is ***** ***** I’ve been involved professionally with dogs in the health and behavioral fields for over 18 years. I've also been a breeder for 20+ years. It will be my pleasure to work with you today.

In order to supply you with an informed answer, it is necessary for me to collect some additional information from you. When I receive your response or reply, it will likely take me between 30-45 minutes to type up my reply if I am still online when I receive notice that you replied. I hope you can be patient.

Did you witness the tie when she was mated?

Was her heat cycle on time or was it early?

Is she drinking and eating relatively normal?

Has she had any vomiting or diarrhea?

Has the pregnancy been confirmed by a vet?

Hi again,

Just a quick note to see if your pups have been born? If so congratulations. If not, we will be here if you need more information during the whelping.