Doc Sara
Doc Sara, Veterinarian
Experience:  I am a dog and cat veterinarian with a lifetime of experience in our family veterinary hospital.
23511967

I have a 5 week old beagle with what sounds like a sniffle

Customer Question

I have a 5 week old beagle with what sounds like a sniffle for the last two hours.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with the beagle?
Customer: Her breathing seems okay except for a reoccurring snort every few seconds,but otherwise normal routine.
JA: Where does the beagle seem to hurt?
Customer: Seems like back of throat
JA: What is the beagle's name?
Customer: Does not have one yet.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the beagle?
Customer: Not at the moment.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Doc Sara replied 1 year ago.
Hi there, I'm Dr. Sara. I'm a licensed veterinarian who works exclusively with dogs and cats. I'm sorry to hear that your new puppy has been acting oddly tonight - I'll do my best to help. Do you think it's possible that he's reverse sneezing? If you've not seen it before, it can be a little distressing and scary looking. Here's a video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3L4v0W2_Sw If he's reverse sneezing a bit but acting normally in every other way, it's not likely an emergency. Reverse sneezing indicates a little irritation in the back of the throat. It typically resolves on its own. Sometimes you can get them through an episode by gently massaging their throat or giving them a drink or a small snack to distract them. Humidification can also help decrease the tickle in their throat that's causing the snorts.Please let me know what questions I can handle for you.~Dr. Sara ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------My goal is to provide you with the most complete and accurate “five star” answer. If my answer isn’t what you were expecting, it’s incomplete, or you have more questions PLEASE REPLY to let me know what information you are looking for BEFORE giving me a negative rating! If my answer has been helpful to you, please show me by giving me a favorable rating. Thank you so much :)
Expert:  Doc Sara replied 1 year ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Doc Sara