Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

Pearl, my dog is lethargic and droops his head while tucking

Customer Question

Hi Pearl, my dog is lethargic and droops his head while tucking his tail between his legs when he walks.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help your dog. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: His name is ***** ***** I suspect he is between 6 and 8 years old.
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Ricky?
Customer: He hadid an over -enlarged spleen removed 2 years ago and he has sensitive skin
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for your question. It appears that the Expert you were hoping to speak with is not currently available. I have stepped in to assist you in their absence so that you have a prompt reply to your question. If you would rather wait for the Expert you had originally contacted, just let me know. Otherwise, I’ll be happy to assist you today. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion?1) What breed of dog is Ricky? 2) Was the spleen cancerous when they removed it? 3) Any vomiting or diarrhea? 4) Still eating well? 5) What color are his gums?