Sally G.
Sally G., Dog Training Consultant
Experience:  Service/assistance dog training/ behavior /obedience/Therapy dog Evaluator/AKC Evaluator
3570977

I had a puppy that kept biting my dogs mouth , now shes drooling

Customer Question

I had a puppy that kept biting my dogs mouth , now shes drooling excessive and licking her paws and sleeping alot
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help your puppy. What is the dog's name?
Customer: poppy
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Poppy?
Customer: she looks very tired and her eyes are gunky
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Sally G. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for using this site to help you. If the puppy kept biting the older dog's mouth then you want to check the inside of the mouth for any infection, lumps, or cuts that may have become sore. IF there are sores inside then oral antibiotics may be needed. Licking of the paws is a symptom of allergies or if the pup is still with you, then it can be a sign of stress. The runny eye can also be a sign of an allergy, but if the discharge from the eye is colored it needs to be looked at by your vet as this can indicate infection. Excessive drooling can be due to a cut or wound/ulcer inside the mouth or a tooth/gum problem and it can also be due to nausea.If the older dog has eaten any puppy food or different treats that can cause nausea.
Expert:  Sally G. replied 1 year ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Sally G.