Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

In the last 2 days my dog has a large lump on throat that was

Customer Question

In the last 2 days my dog has a large lump on throat that was small and is very large. I am thinking allergies?
JA: IÂ’m sorry to hear that. Some lumps are serious and some aren't. Let's see what the Veterinarian has to say. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Finn
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Finn?
Customer: He is seven and very healthy. We usually buy his food from a pet store but I was at Costco last Monday and bought their brand and also put Frontline on him this week.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for your question. It appears that the Expert you were hoping to speak with is not currently available. I have stepped in to assist you in their absence so that you have a prompt reply to your question. If you would rather wait for the Expert you had originally contacted, just let me know. Otherwise, I’ll be happy to assist you today. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion?1) Where is the lump located? 2) Is it itching? 3) What breed is your dog? 4) Is the area oozing at all or painful?