PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
Experience:  15 yrs experience in vet med, 8 in emergency med. Founder of a non-profit animal rescue
8538164

Lewis my 3 month old Yorkie weighing about 3 pounds

Customer Question

***** ***** lewis my 3 month old Yorkie weighing about 3 pounds could have ingested a over the counter200 motrin ib we gave perioxide to make her through up she threw up 2 times did not see pill this was given about 10 minutes from time she could have possibly eaten the pill
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: is there anything else we need to do.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dog Specialists generally expect a deposit of about $19 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am still waiting please
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 1 year ago.
Motrin is Ibuprofen and toxic to dogs. If your pup did not vomit the tablet up, chances are that he did not eat it. That being said, it's enough to cause renal failure and possibly claim his life if he did ingest the full 200mg and he's so small. I would recommend going directly to the ER to have vomiting induced again with injectable medication. This will be the best way to be sure that it is removed from the stomach if it was there to begin with. Did my response help to answer all of the questions that you had regarding your companion? Once you're satisfied with our dialogue, please take the time to issue a rating for me so that I am compensated for helping you today.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
will vitamin k1 25 mg counter act the ibuprofen
It will not. I'm afraid that would be more along the lines of a rat bait toxicity and not an ibuprofen toxicity (that's if he even consumed it). If he did consume it, it's enough to cause great damage. If not, he won't suffer any ill effects of being made to vomit. Did my response help to answer all of the questions that you had regarding your companion?Once you're satisfied with our dialogue, please take the time to issue a rating for me so that I am compensated for helping you today.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

PitRottMommy