Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinarian.
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

Reviewing this Five Leaf product?? I have a 14 year old lab/.

Customer Question

Reviewing this Five Leaf product?? I have a 14 year old lab/B. collie mix inching toward kidney problems.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 1 year ago.
Hello Eilleen, This is just a quick note to let you know that I am locked on to your question and am working on it now. I am a small animal vet with many years experience and rest assured I will do my best to answer your question to your satisfaction today. You can expect a written reply sometime within the next five to ten minutes or so. We also have the option to talk things over by telephone or via an internet service such as Skype. Please get back to me if this is more convenient for you. { There is a small extra charge for phone calls } Regards, *****
Hello again Eileen Sorry to hear about Clancy's problems, however I have worked out an answer for you below ... 1. This sort of product is herb based and from their website I see it contains herbs such as Juniper berries, Uva Ursi leaf, Corn silk, Horsetail herb, Burdock root and seed, Pipsissewa leaf, Parsley leaf and root, Goldenrod flower tops and Marshmallow root. This may not be what you want to hear I know but I personally would be very surprised if this sort of supplement would help your dog's kidney function in any constructive way. 2. On the other hand the chances of this sort of supplement doing your dog any harm would be very low so there is no harm in giving it a go to see if it helps. You could have your vet run a blood test { Urea, creatinine plus urine specific gravity } just before starting the supplement and then again one month later. In this way you will get a fair idea how effective this is for your dog.I hope I have covered your question fully enough but if you would like further clarification or to talk things over a bit more then I will be on-line for the next hour or so and I will be more than pleased to continue working with you. Regards, ***** ***** be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue, such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.
Hello again Eileen,I am just checking back in to see how Clancy is getting on after our recent dialogue concerning the Five Leaf supplement ...Please get back to me and let me know how things are going.Regards,Dr ScottPlease be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue. Such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.
Hi Eileen,
I'm just following up on our conversation about Clancy. How is everything going?
Vet_Answers