Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

I work nights and just got home form work. I took my Shitzu

Customer Question

I work nights and just got home form work. I took my Shitzu out of her crate and outside. She urinated and came in and ate as usual then back out to poop. She didn't want to come back inside and was shivering, even a treat wouldn't get her in. I picked her up and she yelped. She is shivering. I went to get her leash because that always makes her excited. She tried to be and went into the den, but them yelped and whined. now she is cowering kind of hunched over. No vomiting or diarrhea. She will not even take a treat now.
JA: IÂ’m sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Bella is almost 2 years old
JA: How old is Bella Is Almost 2 Years Old?
Customer: yes
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Bella Is Almost 2 Years Old?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for your question. It appears that the Expert you were hoping to speak with is not currently available. I have stepped in to assist you in their absence so that you have a prompt reply to your question. If you would rather wait for the Expert you had originally contacted, just let me know. Otherwise, I’ll be happy to assist you today. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion? 1) Has Bella ever had any issues with pain in her limbs or spine? 2) Any history of injury? 3) Is Bella on any regular medications?