Dog

Get Your Dog Care Questions Answered by Experts

Dog

Dog eat a piece of my gum n small wrapper, 5min ago, 3 years approx 100lbs, Not at all barking at squirrels outsideūüėÉ,

Customer Question
She eat a piece of...
She eat a piece of my gum n small wrapper
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with the dog?
Customer: 5min ago
JA: Where does the dog seem to hurt?
Customer: 3 years approx 100lbs
JA: Can you see anything that looks wrong or different?
Customer: Not at all barking at squirrels outsideūüėÉ
JA: OK. Nothing visually obvious. Is the dog eating normally?
Customer: I'll try a small treat. Only 5-10 min ago Grace did this
JA: Is the dog having trouble peeing or pooing?
Customer: She just came from outside about 10 min ago left room split second she swallowed it
JA: The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Grace
JA: Anything else I can tell the Veterinarian before I connect you two?
Customer: She is alert eat a piece of canine carry chews
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Been about 10-12 minutes she is alert n barking Grace is about 2-3 rescue half husky had her about a year
4/9/2016
Dog Specialist: Joan, Vet Tech replied 1 year ago
Joan
Joan, Vet Tech
Hello,My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 30+ years.Can you tell me what bran of gun she ate and was it sugarless?Give me a min to try the answer after you respond.Joan
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Do I induce vomiting?
Please let me know if it was sugarless gum and brand?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Sugar gum
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Double bubble
Thank-you. For her size it will pass through with no issues and it was only one piece. Sugarless gum with Xylitol is toxic and with that I would have had you induce vomiting. She should be fine and the gum should pass within the next 24-48 hours in the stool.Joan
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you Joan. She is playing with her toys now. I don't think she was ever inside a home when we got her
I accepted the phone call but seems to be a problem. I did answer you above, and am here to respond if needed.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
She is barking appears fine
You have no worries that gum is non toxic and will pass through. If I have addressed your concerns, please take a moment to rate my service 5 Stars, if no other question about this situation.
It seems we cannot complete a phone call, I can answer here. Do you have further questions?
How is your dog doing? Did the gum pass like I said it would?Joan.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Joan
Joan
Joan
Joan, Vet Tech