Dog

Get Your Dog Care Questions Answered by Experts

Dog

I'm Christina. I have a 12 year old Bichon. He is cold

Customer Question
Hi, I'm Christina. I have...
Hi, I'm Christina. I have a 12 year old Bichon. He is cold and pale. Gums and inside of ears are white. He isn't eating or drinking. He isn't moving or getting up much at all today. He also peed on the floor where he was hiding out early today and just laid in it and later leaked while I was holding him on my lap. I am worried this may be the end for him :(
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help the dog. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Ben
JA: Anything else I can tell the Veterinarian before I connect you two?
Customer: We just got a new puppy Friday, so i was hoping it could be related
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog
4/4/2016
Dog Specialist: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 1 year ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
Hello and thank you for your question. It appears that the Expert you were hoping to speak with is not currently available. I have stepped in to assist you in their absence so that you have a prompt reply to your question. I'm so sorry to hear that you're going through this with Ben. The fact that he's cold and pale is highly suspect for him being in critical condition. If you are able, I would take him directly to a vet's office for an exam. There may be a reason that he is exhibiting these signs. We can certainly see dogs become pale when they are anemic and he could need a blood transfusion because of intestinal parasites, an immune-mediated issue, cancer, etc. If you do believe this is the end and it's time to let him go, the kindest approach is to assist the process with humane euthanasia so that he does not linger, nor suffer, at the end of his life. If I can help you further, please let me know. If my answer has helped you, please take the time today to leave positive feedback for me. This is the only way that I will be compensated for assisting you. Your satisfaction is my primary focus, so if questions remain please respond so that I may finish assisting you before you rate my service.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse