PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
Experience:  15 yrs experience in vet med, 8 in emergency med. Founder of a non-profit animal rescue
8538164

My Japanese Chin is 11 yrs old. He has diareah days I

Customer Question

My Japanese Chin is 11 yrs old. He has diareah for 2 days I stoped him from eating yesterday. He had a diareah episode around 7 am this morning. It is now 1:28 pm and he has been ok so far. Should I get Imodium? And what dose should I give him and how often?
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 1 year ago.
If you're wanting to give imodium, you can find the dosage for dogs his size here: http://www.walkervalleyvet.com/otc-meds.htmBe sure to read the warning label as imodium is risky for some breeds.If the diarrhea persists, I would consider switching him over to a bland diet of boiled chicken and rice for a few days. If you see blood in the stool or vomiting begins to occur, it would be best to have him checked by your vet and prescription medications given to stop the diarrhea and the vomiting. Hopefully the imodium takes care of the diarrhea and he's back to feeling well soon.If my answer has helped you, please take the time today to leave positive feedback for me. This is the only way that I will be compensated for assisting you. Your satisfaction is my primary focus, so if questions remain please respond so that I may finish assisting you before you rate my service.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

PitRottMommy