Dog

Get Your Dog Care Questions Answered by Experts

Dog

My 9 month old dog was treated and giardia that

Customer Question
My 9 month old dog...
My 9 month old dog was treated for coccidia and giardia that he acquired from a new 13 week old puppy that we brought home. She had it so we treated both of them due to their close living arrangements. The coccidia in the little guy is gone but not the giardia so we started another round of treatment yesterday
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with the dog?
Customer: The older dog though since yesterday is very lethargic and does not want to eat or drink
JA: Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help the dog. What is the dog's name?
Customer: this morning his stool was very watery
JA: Anything else I can tell the Veterinarian before I connect you two?
Customer: Barkley
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog
4/3/2016
Dog Specialist: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 1 year ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
Hello and thank you for your question. It appears that the Expert you were hoping to speak with is not currently available. I have stepped in to assist you in their absence so that you have a prompt reply to your question. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion?1) What treatment protocol is being used?2) Are you seeing any vomiting?3) When did the diarrhea start? Has it been watery all along? 4) Any blood in the stool?
Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian