Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in large and small animal medicine.
16881297

10 week old ShihTzu salivating heavily, and crying out in

Customer Question

10 week old ShihTzu salivating heavily, and crying out in pain periodically. He was fine about an hour ago
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The noise must be worrying. I'll connect you to the Veterinarian. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Tapper
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Tapper?
Customer: He has been fine up to now. He was running and playing with my younger kids and he came in from outside then laid down and this started
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

I am so sorry to hear that Tapper is not feeling well. This salivating so suddenly tells us that she ingested or licked something toxic such as a plant or frog or something else toxic. Take Tapper and flush out her mouth 3-4 times with fresh water to remove whatever is causing this reaction. This could also be an allergic reaction to something she came into contact with so give her Benadryl at 1 mg per pound every 12 hrs until she feels better. If this situation becomes worse after a few hours, take Tapper to your vet just to be safe.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****